Every four years, thousands of gifted athletes around the world gather to compete against each other for supremacy in a variety of sporting events that might not be well known to many sports fans.
With athletes from over 200 nations, there are so many games that include the Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, Paralympics and Youth Olympics. From ice hockey and curling to bobsled and biathlon, to many other athletic events that are appealing.
History of Olympics
The history of Olympics dates back to around 3000 years, to the Peloponnese in Ancient Greece. The event used to take place in Olympia every four years in Greece, hence the name “Olympics”.
Although we don’t know exactly when this event started, it is often cited to be in the eighth century BC or 776 BC in most written source. The Olympics occupied such great importance in Greek history that late historians measured time with intervals between them I.e. Olympiad.
In 1894, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, born in Paris launched his plan to revive the Olympics Games. He founded the International Olympic Committee (IOC), which became the governing body for the Olympic Movement, seeking to organize modern games.
Two years later in 1896, the first Games of the modern era (Summer Olympics) were held in Athens, Greece. The event was known as Olympiad I and was opened by the King of Greece in the first week of April 1896.
Paris in France became the first city to host an Olympics outside of Greece in 1900, after which other cities like St Louis, London, Stockholm e.t.c
Olympics betting types
Olympics games can provide a much-needed change of pace from betting on major sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL. Although Olympic betting is new for many bettors, it is filled with so many events to choose from.
You may be left wondering – what can I bet on the Olympics? With our Olympic betting guide, you’ll not only learn what to bet on but also how to bet smartly on the Olympics.
The popular types of Olympics betting are:
- Olympics Future Betting
The most standard and common form of Olympics game betting is placing bets on future odds, before the Olympic Games begin. Online sportsbook publish a bundle of futures odds with betting options that covers everything associated with the 19-day event before it begins.
The most common bet is that of the medal count, people will place bets on which country will win the most gold medals.
You can also find odds on which country will win the tournaments in each sport or which athlete will take home the gold medal.
- Olympics total wager
The total wager is another option of a simple bet that people commonly like to place on Olympics games. It involves placing a bet on how more or less than a given number of successes a team earns. For example; if the total number of medal a country will win is more or less than a given number.
- Olympics proposition bets
A proposition bet is also rendered to as a prop bet, which is a relatively common wager during the Olympics game.
A prop bet is placing a bet on any action to occur or on the performances of individual athletes at some point during the games.
Prop bets can be very creative, depending on the bookie that lays the bets. Prop bet can vary from whether the Olympic flame gets put out prematurely over the course of the Olympics, to If a golfer will swing a hole-in-one.
- Parley Bets
Bets on multiple wagers, together on a single ticket is possible with parley. The bets usually pay our better than Individual wagers.
- Live betting
For live betting on the Olympics, you can place bets are the actions unfold. It adds another level of excitement to the Olympic Games wagering experience for bettors.
Olympics betting tips
- Spend time doing research and preparation as on the Olympic sports as well as the individual athletes participating in the Games and the market you want to wager on prior to placing your first wager.
- Set your budget and remember the betting fundamentals, play within your limit. If you feel like you’re chasing games, you should step away
- Consider home advantage, all host nations alongside their athletes are desperate to win with the support of fans.
- Look back at precious Olympics, analyze the previous results and records to figure out what to expect.
- Pick a bookmaker that offers generous bonuses and promotions, make good use of these offers. You’ll have more fun trying out these tips at https://22bet.co.ke/toto/football
- Bet more on the sports you’re knowledgeable about
- Set aside pride when betting, bet with your head and not your heart. You might have to look past the national flag and place certain bets.
- Most importantly have fun while you’re placing bet