The Europa League Final 2021 has been concluded with Villarreal beating Manchester United on penalties to lift the trophy. We now look forward to the champions league final 2021 which takes place between Chelsea and Manchester City this weekend.Kenyastax.com has rounded up all you need to know about the UCL final including date, venue and kick-off time.
Who are the Champions League 2021 finalists?
The champions league final is an all-English final in Manchester City vs Chelsea. Manchester City and Chelsea are both in the UCL final after beating PSG and Real Madrid in their respective semi-final matches.
When is the Champions League final 2021?
The UCL Final 2021 takes place on Saturday 29 May 2021. This will be the final match of the 2020/21 champions league season, the 66th season of the European competition and the 29th season since it was renamed from European Champions’ Cup to UEFA champions league.
Where is the UCL final 2021 being played?
The champions league final 2021 will be played at FC Porto’s Estádio do Dragão(Dragon Stadium) in Porto, Portugal. The UCL final 2021 was initially scheduled to be played at Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey but due to COVID-19 restrictions, the venue had to be changed by UEFA.
What time is the champions league final 2021?
The champions league final 2021 will kick-off at 8pm in Porto, Portugal.
Below is the UCL final kick-off times for various countries:
UCL final kick-off UK time
The champions league final between Manchester City and Chelsea will kick-off at 8pm BST for viewers in the UK.
UCL final kick-off USA time
In the US, the champions league final 2021 will kick-off at 3pm ET.
UCL final kick-off Kenyan time
For viewers in Kenya, the champions league final 2021 will kick-off at 10pm EAT. This time also applies to countries using the East Africa time zone.
UCL final kick-off Australian time
In Australia, Manchester City vs Chelsea champions league final will kick off at 5am AEDT on Sunday 30 May 2021.
UCL final kick-off Indian time
For viewers in India, the champions league final 2021 will kick off at 12:30am on Sunday 30 May 2021.
Champions league final 2021 kick-off time(selected countries)
- Nigeria – 8 pm
- South Africa – 9 pm
- Canada – 3pm
- UAE – 11pm
- Brazil – 4 pm
- Japan – 3 am (Sunday, May 30)
- China – 4 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Hongkong – 4 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Singapore – 4 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Argentina – 4 pm
- Mexico – 2 pm
- Egypt – 9 pm
- Morocco – 8pm
- Germany – 9 pm
- France – 9 pm
- Saudi Arabia – 10pm
- Qatar – 10pm
- Indonesia – 2 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Poland – 9 pm
- New Zealand – 7 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Romania – 10pm
- Norway – 9 pm
- Turkey – 9 pm
- Spain – 9 pm
- North Korea – 4 am (Sunday, May 30)
- South Korea – 4 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Rwanda – 9 pm
- Chad – 8pm
- Angola – 8pm
- Madagascar – 10pm
- Philippines – 3 am (Sunday, May 30)
- Uruguay – 4 pm
- Iceland – 7 pm
- Lesotho – 9 pm
- Congo DRC – 8 pm
- Tunisia – 8 pm
- Mauritius – 11pm
- Cameroon – 8 pm
- Namibia – 9 pm
- Switzerland – 9 pm
- Sweden – 9 pm
- Denmark – 9 pm
- Croatia – 9pm
- Paraguay – 3 pm
- Sierra Leone -7 pm
- Zambia – 9 pm
- Zimbabwe – 9 pm
Which TV channel will show the Champions League final 2021?
In the UK
BT Sport will broadcast the champions league final for free to all UK residents. The UK broadcaster announced that it would continue its tradition of showing both the Europa League final and the Champions League final on free to air this year.BT Sport already aired the Europa League final on Wednesday night and is set to do the same for the UCL final on Saturday.
Here’s where to watch the Champions League final for free in the UK
- BT Sport 1 SD(channel 408)
- BT Sport 1 HD(channel 430)
- BT Sport Ultimate(channel 433)
- Virgin Media channel 100(SD) and channel 532(4K)
- Website: BTsport.com/final
- App: BT Sport APP
- Youtube: BT Sport Youtube Channel
For viewers in Kenya, the champions league final 2021 will be shown live on Supersport Football Plus channel 222 on DSTv.K24 will not air the champions league final as the media company has not acquired broadcast rights to do so.
In the US
In the USA, there are a number of ways to watch the champions league final.
Here’s where to watch the champions league final in the USA
- TV Channel:
- TUDN USA,
- TUDN app,
- Univision NOW,
Optus Sport will show the champions league final to its viewers in Australia as it has acquired broadcast rights to do so. Optus Sport is available on a number of devices including Xbox One, Chromecast, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Android TV, Fetch TV, Apple Tv, Web browser and Mobile App.
In India, Manchester City vs Chelsea champions league final will be shown live on Sony Ten 2 SD and Sony Ten 2 HD while live stream of the match is available on Sony LIV.
Below is a list of all TV channels that will air the UCL final 2021
- Albania: Tring, Vizion Plus
- Andorra: RMC Sport
- Angola: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1
- Armenia: Armenia TV
- Argentina: ESPN Sur, ESPN2 Sur
- Australia: Optus Sport
- Austria: DAZN, Sky Austria
- Azerbaijan: Saran, CBC Sport, AzTV
- Belarus: Belarus TV
- Belgium: Proximus, RTL, Q2
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Arena Sport, Nova BH
- Brazil: Esporte Interativo, Facebook
- Brunei: beIN Sports
- Bulgaria: A1, bTV Media Group
- Cambodia: UEFA.tv
- Cameroon: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1, Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- Canada: DAZN
- Caribbean: Fox Sports, ESPN, Flow Sports, SportsMax
- Central America: Facebook, Fox Sports, ESPN
- Chad: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique,beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- Croatia: HRT, A1 Hrvatska
- Cyprus: CYTA
- Czech Republic: o2, Česká Televize
- Denmark: Viasat Denmark
- Djibouti: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique,beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- Egypt: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- Estonia: TV3 Sport
- Ethiopia: Supersport Maximo 1
- Finland: MTV
- France: RMC Sport, Mediapro
- Georgia: Silk Sport
- Germany: Sky Deutschland, DAZN
- Greece: COSMOTE TV
- Haiti: Canal+
- Hong Kong SAR: beIN Sports, iCable, PCCW, TVB
- Hungary: MTVA
- Iceland: Stod 2 Sport
- India: Sony Ten
- Indonesia: SCTV
- Israel: The Sports Channel
- Italy: Mediaset, Sky Italia
- Japan: WOWOW
- Kazakhstan: QazSport
- Kenya: Supersport Football Plus
- Kosovo: Kujtesa
- Kyrgyzstan: Saran, QSport
- Laos: UEFA.tv
- Latin America (excluding Brazil): Facebook, Fox Sports, ESPN
- Latvia: TV3 Sport
- Lithuania: TV3 Sport
- Luxembourg: RTL, RMC Sport
- Macau SAR: TDM Desporto
- Madagascar: Canal+
- Malaysia: beIN Sports
- Malta: Melita, PBS
- Mauritius: Canal+
- MENA: BeIN Sports
- Moldova: GMG/Prime TV
- Monaco: RMC Sport
- Mongolia: Eclat, SPS
- Myanmar: S Media
- Montenegro: SportKlub, Arena Sport
- Netherlands: Ziggo Sport, Talpa TV
- New Zealand: Sky NZ
- Niger: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- Nigeria: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- North Macedonia: Arena Sport
- Norway: TV2 Norway, NENT Group
- Pacific Islands: Digicel
- Philippines: UEFA.tv
- Poland: TVP, Telewizja Polsat
- Portugal: Eleven Sports, TVI
- PR China: PP Sports, CCTV
- Rest of Africa: Supersport
- Republic of Ireland: Virgin Media, RTE
- Romania: Digi Sport, Look TV, Telekom Sport
- Russia: Match TV
- Rwanda: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- San Marino: Sky Italia
- Senegal: Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique, Supersport Football Plus
- Serbia: RTS, Arena Sport
- Seychelles: Flowsports.co, Flow Sports App, Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1
- Sierra Leone: Supersport Maximo 1,Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique, Supersport Football Plus
- Singapore: beIN Sports
- Solomon Islands: TTV Solomon
- Somalia: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- South Africa: Supersport Maximo 1, Supersport Premier League
- South Korea: SPO TV
- Slovakia: Orange Sport
- Slovenia: Pro Plus
- South Sudan: beIN Sports Connect, beIN Sports Premium 1, Supersport Football Plus
- Spain: Movistar
- Sweden: NENT Group
- Switzerland: blue+, SRG
- Sudan: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect, Supersport Maximo 1
- Taiwan/Chinese Taipei: Elta TV
- Tajikistan: Saran, Varzish
- Tanzania: Supersport Maximo 1, Supersport Football Plus
- Thailand: UEFA.tv
- Togo: Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique,Supersport Maximo 1, Supersport Football Plus
- Tunisia: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- Turkey: beIN Sports
- Turkmenistan: Saran, Turkmenistan Sport
- Uganda: Supersport Football Plus, Supersport Maximo 1
- Ukraine: Volia TV, MGU
- United Arab Emirates: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- United Kingdom: BT Sport
- United States: CBS All Access, TUDN Deportes, Univision
- Uruguay: ESPN 2 ESPN 2 SUR
- Uzbekistan: Saran, Uzreport
- Vanuatu: Sky Sport 7 beIN Sports
- Vatican City: Sky Italia
- Venezuela : ESPN Andina, ESPN Sur,Fox Sports 2 Cono Norte
- Vietnam: VSTV (K+)
- Yemen: beIN Sports Premium 1, beIN Sports Connect
- Zambia: Supersport Maximo 1, Supersport Football Plus
- Zimbabwe: Supersport Maximo 1, Supersport Football Plus
Who is refereeing the champions league final?
Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz will referee the UCL final 2021 in Porto.
The 44-year old Spaniard will be taking charge of his first final since being the fourth official in the 2019 final between Liverpool and Tottenham. He has officiated six champions league matches this season including the quarter-final first-leg match between Bayern and PSG.
Will VAR be used in the UCL final?
Yes. Video Assistant Referee(VAR) will be used in the champions league final 2021 with Alejandro José Hernández Hernández from Spain playing that role.
Here are the 2021 champions league final officials
- Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (Spain)
- Assistants: Pau Cebrián Devis, Roberto Díaz Pérez del Palomar
- Fourth Officials: Carlos del Cerro Grande
- VAR: Alejandro José Hernández Hernández
- VAR assistants: Juan Martínez Munuera, Íñigo Prieto López de Cerain, Paweł Gil
*All officials are from Spain except Paweł Gil(Poland)
Will fans be allowed at the champions league final?
Yes. Portuguese authorities confirmed that 33 percent of the stadium’s capacity or up to 16,500 fans will be allowed in the stadium. Manchester City and Chelsea were both handed 6,000 tickets each to sell to their fans while 1,700 tickets were sold to the general public and the rest reserved for UEFA partners.
Will there be an opening ceremony?
Yes. UEFA and Pepsi have confirmed that Marshmello, Selena Gomez and Robinson Khalid will perform at the UEFA champions league final opening ceremony.
Who are the home team?
Man City are the home team so it will be Manchester City vs Chelsea.
Lastly, how many subs will be allowed?
Five substitutions will be allowed in the UCL final with a sixth added if the match goes to extra time.