In this article, get to know how to send money from your Mpesa account to your PayPal account easily.
Since the great partnership between Safaricom, PayPal and TransferTo, kenyans can now move money to and from their Mpesa and PayPal accounts conveniently.
In this case, its sending money to Paypal direct from your Mpesa account.To be eligible for this service, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must have an active Paypal account.
- You must have an active Mpesa account.
- Link your Paypal account to your Mpesa account.
Those are the requirements you need to meet for you to be able to use the service. Paypal has a calculator that converts the amount you want to withdraw from USD to KES as we will see below.
Below is a list of steps on how to send money from Mpesa to PayPal
- Log in to your PayPal account on https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/.
- Select Top Up to Paypal to proceed.
- Enter the amount in USD that you want to top up.
- Click Calculate to get the equivalent amount in KES that you will transfer from your Mpesa account.
- Go to your Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa.
- Select Paybill.
- Enter Paypal Paybill number : 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter the Amount you are transferring.
- Enter your Mpesa pin.
- Confirm the details if correct.
- Confirm Mpesa transaction.
The transaction will be subject to charges according to the New Mpesa rates 2021 from Safaricom.
Key Points to note:
- Top ups to your PayPal account are processed in real time but may take up-to 4 hours.
- To confirm the transaction,check your transaction history on your PayPal account.
It costs a 4% fee to load Paypal from Mpesa in addition to the Paybill fees.
Top ups to Paypal are processed in real-time but sometimes may take up-to 4hours to be processed.